This is the BYOC tournament for Overwatch at Assembly Summer 2018 played on Fri-Sat, August 3-4, sponsored by OMEN by HP. Participation requires a computer slot and your own computer at the event.
The final of the tournament wil be played on the Overwatch stage with computers and monitors provided for the players.
- Place: Helsinki Exhibition and Convention Centre, Helsinki, Finland
- Teams: 32
- Format: Groups + single elimination
- Match format: Matches bo3 except for the final which is bo5.
- Prize pool: Product prizes
- Sign-up start: June 25, 00:00 EEST
- Discord: https://discord.gg/WzAnJd6
- Participation: Computer ticket required, mark all team computer slots in team description
- Check-in: Friday, August 3, 12.00--16:00 EEST at Casual Admins desk
How to participate
- Login or signup
- Create a team and list all the members of the team and their computer seats in the description
- Click the signup button on this page (located on the right side bar)
- Join the Discord server
- Check-in at Casual Admins desk, check time above
- 6 x OMEN by HP 25 gaming display (~325€).
- 6 x OMEN by HP Keyboard 1100 (~120€)
- 6 x OMEN By HP Headset 800 (~70€)
- Friday, August 3
- 12:00–16:00 Check-in at Casual Admins desk
- 16:00 Group stage begins
- 21:00 Playoffs begin
- Saturday, August 4
- 12:00 Final on the Overwatch Stage
These rules apply for all BYOC tournaments in Assembly Summer 2018.
- All participants agree to behave in an appropriate and respectful manner to preserve fair play and sportsmanship.
- All player names, pictures and team names must be appropriate and respectful.
- All participants must add their computer place to their TMS profile.
- All the tournament matches must be played from your own computer place, from your own computer, with the exception of the Hearthstone tournaments in which you can play from anywhere in the venue. We do not have separate areas reserved for players participating in casual tournaments.
- All participants must do a check-in at Casual Admins desk during the tournament specific check-in time to be able to participate in the tournament. Even if you have done a check-in for another tournament earlier, you must repeat it for all the tournaments you are participating in.
- For team games a minimum of 3 players from the team must be present during the check-in.
- Minimum of ten participants in every tournament may be required for the prizes to be paid out in full.
- Failure to adhere to these rules or the game specific rules may lead to a warning or disqualification from the tournament to the player and/or the whole team.
- Administration of the tournament has the last word in any and all disputes and can make decisions outside the specified rules if needed.
- All heroes except Wrecking ball are allowed.
- Pausing is only allowed in techical issues. Creators of the game be sure to bind your pause!
- Winners of the games have to post a screenshot showing the result in TMS, see help.
- Captain has to be in the Discord channel to make contact with enemy teams for the whole duration of the tournament. Use same nickname that you have on this website.
For drafting use http://owdraft.com/create with "Starting team: Random"
- Best of one (1): the map that remains after ban phase.
- Best of three (3): The last two banned maps and remaining map will be played in the order of bans/picks.
- Best of five (5): Teams choose maps in order (1,2,1,2...), starting from the team that was specified to go first after the coin toss. After 9 maps have been banned, picks begin. The last four banned maps and remaining map will be played in the order of bans/picks.