StarCraft II is once more present at the Assembly LAN festival as Assembly Winter 2016 features a professional StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void competition with a prize purse of 3000 euros.
- Dates: Fri, 5 February – Sat, 6 February 2016
- Place: Helsinki Exhibition and Convention Centre, Helsinki, Finland
- Players: 16
- Prize pool: €3,000
- Format: Group stage (WCS DE Bo3) and playoffs (SE Ro8 Bo3 + Semis Bo5 + Final Bo7)
- Participation: Invites (8 players) and online qualifiers (8 players)
- Tournament rules: docs.google.com
- Replays: download pack
Times are in local time EET.
- Friday, 5 February — Group Stage
- 16:00 -- 19:00 — Groups A-D
- Saturday, 6 February — Playoffs
- 12:00 -- 15:30 — Quarter Finals & Semi Finals
- 15:30 -- 17:00 — Final *
* Final time has been changed from 20:00 IST (+02:00) to estimated time 15:30 IST (+02:00) so the tournament can conclude before the IEM Season 10 World Championship SC2 European Final #2.
The prize pool is €3,000 and it will be distributed to the players as follows:
Streams & Casters
The tournament will be broadcasted on IS TV in Finnish in front of a live audience. The former top Finnish StarCraft II players Samuli "Fuzer" Romppanen and Samuli "elfi" Sihvonen will provide the commentary while Esa "Snapple" Kaisjoki will be the host.
We are open to community streams, so if you wish to broadcast the tournament, please contact azhrak at gmail.com.
- Wardiii - Casting by: Jonathon "Wardi" Ward
- Zerg - Casting by: Alexander "Zerg" Titov
- ItalianEsportsNetwork - Casting by: Paolo "Urkukan" Blasi + co-cast
- Marth - Casting by: Martin aka Marth
- Divinesia - Casting by: Juha "Divinesia" Nurmenniemi
The tournament will be played with a double-elimination group stage followed by a single-elimination playoff stage. In the group stages, 16 contestants will be divided into groups consisting of 4 players each. The top two players in each group will then proceed to the playoff stage.
All the matches are best-of-3 until the semi-finals. The semi-finals will be best-of-5 and the final will be a best-of-7.
There are two ways to gain one of the 16 spots in the tournament—either by receiving a direct invite or through an online qualification tournament. In order to receive an invite, players must first request it by filling out an application form. However, everyone is encouraged to request an invite first, and then participate in the qualifiers later if need be.
The invite application form is here.
Participation in the tournament is free and includes an all-access pass to the event. The pass also grants access to the tournament area and to the players’ lounge.
- Online Qualifier #1 - Sunday, Jan 17, 18:00 EET - Top 4 qualify
- Online Qualifier #2 - Monday, Jan 18, 19:00 EET - Top 4 qualify
Juho "Azhrak" Nieminen
Email: azhrak at gmail.com